Monday, February 14, 2011

Tell your husband to stop calling me

Tell your husband to stop calling me
I don’t know where you’re at.
He should know this also since you told me he’s got my phone bugged
He should know that you call me all the fucking time
And I never answer the phone even though u beg me to pick up.
He should know this.
Maybe he thinks you're writing to me or texting me.
I hear your voice telling me you miss me and that I was right
And that you’re glad the Packers won the Superbowl  and that you wanted to know with whom I saw the game and to tell me happy valentines day and that you still have every poem I ever wrote you from the days you would have a bad day at work and you would ask me to write either a love poem or a poem about how empowering women are, and that they're smart and intelligent and that I can't live without you,
you said you counted 100, 101, 105 poems
And he knows this and he keeps calling and asking me where that fucking bitch is at
And I keep telling him you aint no fucking bitch
And if he didn’t beat your ass within hours of your wedding
Because you yelled my name alieux during sex instead of amir
Then he wouldn’t be calling me asking me where you are,
'cause you'd be with him
beside him
and not where you are,
which is as far as you can get from him.
Please tell your husband to stop calling me.
And though I’ve asked you 50 thousand million times
before you moved to Australia to escape him,
Imma have to ask you again,
to stop calling me too
so i can move on
finally.
Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com