Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Beyond the Ticking Clock

 we

are echoes in the wind,

faint and fleeting,

tracing lines in the sand

that the tide will wash away.


we speak in whispers,

trying to capture the infinite

with words that crumble

before they leave our lips.


time pulls us forward,

a relentless current

we cannot fight,

and yet we grasp at moments,

hoping to hold them still,

to make them last

just a little longer.


we are shadows,

caught between the sun and the earth,

dancing in the light

only to fade as night falls.


and in our hearts,

we carry the weight of stars,

the deep, unspoken knowing

that we are more

than this fleeting breath,

more than the ticking of clocks.


but how to say it?

how to find the language

that does not break

under the weight of what we feel?


so we live,

and we dream,

and we try to remember

that though we may pass,

there is something within us

that does not fade,

that does not bow

to time or space.


-me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com