Monday, March 29, 2010

I suppose

about the lips
those lips /your
lips
you/they
amaze me
those    lips
can multitask:
there is no imitation of love
of life in those lips
how
they
have nibbled
met
whispered
sweet
reminders
i am your man
your man
a man
yours
they’re on the real:
rising above my earlobes
up
through the ear
u carress my lips with a tender
                                       delicate softness
                                       after
tearing
some     1  else
down to size
like a mother cat
protecting her kittens
&
without your having to say the words,
you protect that which you love-
I suppose that would be
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com