Sunday, April 25, 2010

sit down, but don't get comfortable






















love,
now that you’re here (again, I think
) if it’s you,
then sit down,
but don’t get comfortable.
i wanna get to know you.
i wanna have a heart to heart
i wanna know if what I heard is true.
but first,
i wanna know how you found me?
i had my number changed to a non-published number.
quit my job-
gave no notice.
moved to a different country in the middle of the night-
left no forwarding address.
i even cancelled my credit cards.
i told no one.

assuming you are who you say you are,
i wanna know why u took so long to get here?
i’ve been deceived before by others
who have pretended to be love
for some personal gain
so, before I allow myself to get excited
before I wake up tomorrow morning
with you on my mind
before people tell me they see a glow about me,
understand why I’m cautious.
so,
sit down
but don’t get comfortable.
let’s have a conversation
talk to me.
and be honest.

please

--alexgeorge






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com