Friday, July 9, 2010

It

what have we here
(    finally   i
    have seen
the other side and the dark-
ness thereof.
of you.
there. I know you now. 'cause
i shone a flashlight. secretly-yes,
indeed a flashlight I shone.
finally.
seeing through your best disguise,
exposing what others see,
the YOU       ) well, well, well.
(     looks like the knife that was lodged in my back has your initials on it          ) my friend,
oh buddy,
oh pal,
what have we here ?

 --alexgeorge,    written when I was 16.   I found it today. How appropos, considering another backstabbing by a friend just occurred recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com