Wednesday, August 11, 2010

(and) there you were

in my search for someone to complete me
(i prayed for you
) & in my search for that missing piece
         to the puzzle that was my life
( i prayed for you
)  beyond laughter
             happiness
             on the outside looking in
             and watching friends take for granted
             what I hold so precious
(i prayed for you
)       I am asked for advice
            what to do to fix a relationship
            what to do to maintain one
            or attain one,
            and being shown gratitude for telling and doing the right things
(i was alone, and i prayed for you
        i needed substance, and
(i prayed for you
)       not knowing that you would appear
        before me
        looking at me
        as if I were the answer to your prayers
                as well
        as you were/are to mine:
        in my search for
        someone to step up to the plate
        to, at the very least, not show indifference
        towards me
        and to care enough to want to fight for me
        though I am opposed to violence
(i prayed for you
)       & there you were,
        with someone else.
        I knew I had to fight to get you.
        I wonder why it took so long to find you?
        Was God waiting for a time in my life
        When I would appreciate you more?
        He was right.
I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed  and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and I prayed and
here you are
(Thank You) 

-- alexgeorge

2 comments:

  1. Cool tunes and image.

    Say, on my blogs my e-book is now for sale via a webpage. Please check it out if you are curious.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com