Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Last Thing She Said



She said she won't take anymore shit
Off one more nigga/
Got herself a pistol
She's ready to pull the trigger/
Will not give another man
A chance/
I took her to a dance/
She ran into her ex/
Who gave her the best sex.
He used to rock her world
But he was with another girl.
She saw them standing there
And she didn't even care.
I said, "don't bother him.
She said, "but I love him.
My heart's beating so fast.
And I said,
but didn't you tell me
he used to beat your ass?
She said, "but I love him without a doubt.
And I said, " but didn't he knock your teeth out?
She said, "but I love him til the day I die,
And I said, " but didn't he give you a black eye?
She said, "but I love him. He makes my heart race.
And I said, " but didn't he carve that scar across your face?
She said, "but I love him. He makes me weak at the knees.
And I said, " but didn't he give you that sexually transmitted disease?
She said, "but I love him. This nigga is heaven sent!
And I said, " but didn't he lock you out of your own apartment, where you pay the rent?
She said, "but I love him, this aint no joke.
And I said, " but didn't he pimp your 14 year-old daughter just to get some coke?
She said, "but I love him. What are you stressing me for?
And I said, " but didn't he fracture your jaw?
She said, "but I love him. What part don't you understand?
And I said, " but didn't you catch him in bed with another man?
Then she said something stupid.
"But I love him."
(may she rest in peace)


--alieux casey-george

For a friend of mine who passed away in 1994. The last time I saw her alive was the only time she didn't have a black eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com