Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Necessary



if love
came knocking on my door
i would not
recognize it
            &     it might come in,
under the guise of something else,
a million a thousand a hundred and one times
somehow knowing what I find appealing
in words and deeds-
i receive her words
like that insurance salesperson with her foot
in the door before
you shut it.
was it the look of desperation that they saw?
&
if  love
came knocking on my door
i would not
recognize it
            &     it might come in,
under the guise of something else
not well-meaning:
something
i might be convinced i needed.
a dream
reaching with the outstretched hand
for that which probably
did not exist
but anyway, reaching, grasping
something with the substance
equal to air
always:
invisible
but heavy
under the weight of something artificial or lacking in value or importance
to make one think that's all there is:
consciousness.
to be honest .
but i'm told it /love
is available to anyone who asks for it.

true?
if so, then where are you?
see me waving my arms?

--alexgeorge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
First of all, I love GOD. Proud Christian here! I love the smell of baked goods, seeing dads with their sons at the barbershop, couples walking down the street holding hands, I love my friends and their kids and their dogs and cats and my cats. I love poetry, jazz, old school R&B, Hip hop, Gospel, House, architecture, writing, and baking. I love compliments about my baking, I love Paris, Scarborough Ontario, Latino culture, nappy hair, and the sound of kids laughing. The first thing I do every morning after I crawl out of bed is get on my knees to thank God for letting me see another day. I invite you to join me on this journey on this thing called Life, where you might laugh, cry, and perhaps be enlightened along the way! I might be enlightened as well, based on your responses to my posts. For collaborations: daij62@gmail.com